Author Topic: how to set IP address???  (Read 10608 times)

gvd

how to set IP address???
« on: September 06, 2012, 10:00:51 pm »
I just downloaded this software as it is EXACTLY what I need. I have a serial device connected to a USB port (COM4) on my PC, and I want to be able to communicate with it via ethernet.

When i open the remote com port software I am not able to set the IP address that I'd like to link the com port to. Please help. I'm using windows 7 64 bit, and Piracom v1.4e

Jan

Re: how to set IP address???
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:56:14 am »
Piracom is a server so you don't enter any IP address. IP address of the piracom PC must be entered in the client software.

andrew

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:26:15 pm »
Thank you for the response! Maybe I should clarify -

We are trying to get a piece of equipment (a chiller) that uses USB communication to talk to an industrial control panel. The chiller is connected directly to a PC via a USB cable, which is using COM4 on the PC. The control panel is connected to the PC via an ethernet connection.

The PC's IP address is 192.168.1.200 and the port we're looking to use on the industrial control panel is 192.168.1.201:22523.

We want the control panel to be able to exchange information with the chiller, so I thought if I connected COM4 to the 192.168.1.201:22523, that there would basically be a direct connection between the chiller and the control panel. Is this possible with the remote com software?

Thanks,
Andrew

Jan

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:07:20 am »
In that case the piracom unfortunately can't help you. You need a software that makes a bridge between COM and Ethernet like the piracom but it must work as a client. I recommend to contact the equipment manufacturer.

pavan kumar

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 06:53:24 pm »
I seen the same issue. Task is
The text given from your PIRACOM should be displayed on LCD via Internet in local area or from anywhere in the world. As piracom address is unique This all need to do

Good evening sir
this is pavan kumar
Am doing my master of tech in vignan college

Am working out to implement a project on
"Design and implementation of Notice Board using power line communication via Internet "

As PLC modem works on serial communication.. I connected my PC1 to the Tx PLC modem. And the output of modem is given to AC mains. Similarly demodulation process.. From Rx modem which was connected to that common AC mains.then from modem again to micro controller and then to LCD. The info from your PIRACOM should be displayed on LCD via Internet. This all need to do. As we can give input from anywhere if IP address is same. But connection is not establishing.

So,I went on surfing net.. I found a private site namely "www.sensormonkey.com

But,now site is not under Woking. They closed it.

I'm worried what to do hardware everything has done.but I want to show using Internet, from any where we can give I/P.

And O/P will be displayed at our site

So please suggest me how to do

When I went for enabling among  two PC's using IP address..

Connection status is not happening

Please kindly reply

Thanks in advance

Here am sending some screen shots.. Please help