Author Topic: Ubuntu and WINE  (Read 115 times)

felkman

Ubuntu and WINE
« on: March 31, 2024, 08:16:44 pm »
I'm trying to use the Silence Detector on Ubuntu OS using WINE. Do I need to install windows drivers for my sound card with WINE, or will Pira be able to use drivers installed on the Ubuntu OS?   Thanks.

Jan

Re: Ubuntu and WINE
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 08:21:29 pm »
I'm not the Ubuntu user but I suppose that WINE will provide some generic audio driver which you can select in the Silence Detector. Installing any Windows driver does not sound to me as an appropriate way.

sweatsuitaggressive

• scratch geometry dash
Re: Ubuntu and WINE
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 03:14:50 am »
When using the Silence Detector application on Ubuntu OS through WINE, you generally don't need to install Windows drivers for your sound card within WINE. WINE (Wine Is Not an Emulator) is a compatibility layer that allows you to run Windows applications on Unix-like operating systems such as Ubuntu without requiring a full Windows installation.
WINE translates Windows API calls into native Linux calls, including calls related to audio input and output. This means that Silence Detector should be able to use the audio drivers installed on your Ubuntu OS without the need for additional Windows drivers.