Author Topic: Winjay send Title songs to pira232U  (Read 684 times)

enrico sarni

Winjay send Title songs to pira232U
« on: January 21, 2024, 12:02:37 pm »
Hi everyone. I have a Pira232U an Winjay Vx software radio automation.
My automation software has a section called RDS where you can set the device to send the RDS information via com port.
in the list of devices that can be chosen there is also the pira32.

I would like to know what you set within Magic Rds to make the PC communicate with the Pira 232U and send the title of the songs via Com1 Port.

At the moment I manage the pira232 via USB but I also have a Com1 serial port available connected to the pira via null modem serial cable

Jan

Re: Winjay send Title songs to pira232U
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 12:43:50 pm »
OK, so you're using the "direct link" setup at this time.

If you wish to use "indirect link" setup, to enable further text processing options available in the Magic RDS 4, you have at least two options:

• Configure the Magic RDS for reading the song info from any text output available in the Winjay,
  • or (a special case of the previous) establish a virtual port in the Magic RDS, based on TCP protocol, and redirect the text from the Winjay to the Magic RDS external text tool. That setup is illustrated in m4vp.pdf, section 'Redirecting to External Text Sources'.

In both cases you need to add the P232U connection before making anything else. Old connection between the Winjay and the P232U will be no longer required.