Author Topic: How to take metadata from SS32 Automation and use MagicRDS 4 to enable RT+  (Read 2482 times)

Brett

Hello,
I have a group of 4 stations using SS32 automation with each one having a P132 RDS encoder, communication is over TCP.

I have basic metadata working fine sending info to RadioText. But I would like to get RT+ working.

Unfortunately the SS32 automation does not support the special characters <> that  XCMD uses.

This is the XCMD template I use for other stations using Simian automation and it works great:
XCMD=<rds><item><dest>3</dest><text><title>%TITLE%</title> - <artist>%ARTIST%</artist> ON STATION</text><tmo>%LENGTH%</tmo></item></rds>

This is the command I am currently using for SS32 to send metadata to the P132:
TEXT=@T - @A ON STATION@r

@T=Title, @A=Artist, @r=CarriageReturn

Is there a way I can use MagicRDS 4 to reformat the metadata and add RT+ to my P132 fleet from SS32?
I would be installing MagicRDS 4 on each of the machines, so each instance only handles that station.

Thank you for any advice

Jan

The Magic RDS 4 supports that.

1)
Establish a new Connection with following settings:
Kind: Bridge
Type: Internal Channel
Data Distribution: sendto source:"MySource"
Click Add

2)
In the Bridge, create a Virtual Port to which the SS32 will connect.

3)
Then go to External Text Sources and establish a new source:
Type: Internal Channel
Name: MySource

As you're experienced user, following steps should be intuitive for you  :)

Brett

I realize I shouldn't have made this post so soon, I did figure this out after working on the other station with PAD data.

Thank you for all the help and putting up with stupid questions.

Magic RDS 4 has a steep learning curve, but is very nice once you figure it out!