Author Topic: How to get XDS Receiver UDP PAD data to P132 encoder with MagicRDS 4  (Read 2215 times)

Brett

Hello,
I am trying to get PAD data that comes in over UDP from an XDS receiver to work with my P132 RDS encoder.

I have a bridge setup to send the UDP data to an internal text source/channel, and I do see the PAD data showing up in the overview log, here is a sample, italic is what is sent UDP:
[2022/02/03 14:53:16.417]
TX:
send text P '<COMMAND> <PLAYBACKSTATE> <TRIGGER> PLAY </TRIGGER> <PLAY INDEX=0> <CUTID>81525</CUTID> <TITLE>AM (REMIX)</TITLE> <GROUP>MUSIC</GROUP> <ARTIST>NIO GARCIA J BALVIN & BAD BUNNY</ARTIST> <LENGTH>3:55</LENGTH> </PLAY> </PLAYBACKSTATE> </COMMAND>'

But I can't figure out how to re-format that to be sent to my P132 on RadioText like:
Title - Artist ON STATION 99.1

Would also like Title/Artist show up on RT+, and have the timeout working so when a song ends it goes back to my default RadioText.

Thank you for any and all assistance

Jan

Re: How to get XDS Receiver UDP PAD data to P132 encoder with MagicRDS 4
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 09:03:48 pm »
Since this is a non-standard / proprietary data format, you need to use general text processing tools, like Regular Expression. Text replacing:

Change
%REGEXP%^.*<TITLE>
To
(blank)

Change
%REGEXP%</TITLE>.*<ARTIST>
To
 -

Change
%REGEXP%</ARTIST>.*$
To
 ON STATION 99.1

When done, you may configure the RT+ by usual way.

Brett

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 12:31:31 am »
Thank you!!

That was exactly what I needed, I was having a hard time figuring out exactly what I needed to do in the text replacing, I have never dealt with Regular Expressions.

Would I be correct to assume there is no way to get the length from that string and use it for setting the timeout, so when the song ends if no more data comes in it goes back to my default radio text?

Jan

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 11:31:03 am »
I have no idea how to realize that in current implementation. After we finish the new External Text tool, this will be possible, regardless of the RDS encoder model.