Author Topic: Magic RDS4 Xml & Automation Now Playing  (Read 7263 times)

mediaguy

Magic RDS4 Xml & Automation Now Playing
« on: January 27, 2021, 07:02:01 am »
I am trying to get Now Playing  from an XML file from our Streaming Server Playlist. Magic RDS is not Loading the file as XML. When test as File we can see it load the Page. We also trying load directly from the Automation System http: 0.0.0.0:2000 the system send now playing as a UDP Stream that is picked upd by the streaming player. also no luck getting it to function.
 Help and tell me what I am not doing correctly

<playlist>
<output>6</output>
<station>XXX</station>
<program>PGM</program>
<media>AUD</media>
<title>Perfect Strangers</title>
<artist>Jonas Blue f./JP Cooper</artist>
<album>Perfect Strangers</album>
<cover/>
<duration>190</duration>
<campaignId/>
<fileId/>
<programStartTS>22 Jan 2021 04:12:20</programStartTS>
<adBlockPos/>
<preload>
<pProgramType>PGM</pProgramType>
</preload>
</playlist>

ENTER NAME OR FULL PATH PATH 1%  /playlist/output/station/program/media/title
ENTER NAME OR FULL PATH PATH 2%/playlist/output/station/program/media/title/artist
ENTER NAME OR FULL PATH PATH 3%/playlist/output/station/program/media/title/artist/album/album/cover

OR
http://0.0.0.0.0:2000

Jan

Re: Magic RDS4 Xml & Automation Now Playing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 07:08:15 am »
The XML paths are not correct. They should be as follows:

/playlist/title
/playlist/artist

Note the structure:

<playlist>
   <title>...</title>
   <artist>...</artist>
</playlist>

mediaguy

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 11:56:19 pm »
I will try Those Thanks for your help

mediaguy

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 12:25:34 am »
I just change it it still is not reading the file.

Jan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 06:43:07 am »
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're doing now. Please post your current setup from the Magic RDS and from the automation and from the streaming player. The address 0.0.0.0 probably should be 127.0.0.1 when accessing the webserver.

Before making it working, select Process "Entire file as plain text" and use the Test button to see the content read.

mediaguy

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 10:04:33 pm »
1. Sorry I will not post the actual IP address on This forum you will get 0.0.0.0:2000 as the Ip address for the automation system Now and next Port.
2. On the issue with the Streaming player.  Our Streaming Service provides us with an XML Page That  has the Now Playing Metadata that is what I am trying to get. I Notice that If I save the page as a file MagicRDS will read the file but it will not read the Live XML page. I can get you More detail if Someone From Pira will contact me thru email. Or how Can I can contact You. Below you will see how its set up in MagicRDS
Thanks

Jan

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 10:17:10 pm »
Ok, I understand it is a public URL which you don't want to mention here. Please send the URL directly to us. Click on the mail icon on the left. We will give you a working solution.

Jan

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 01:37:26 pm »
The reason has been found. The Magic RDS 4 now contains corrupted "Accept:" value in the HTTP request header, that causes HTTP error 406 on some webservers. It will be fixed in next version.

mediaguy

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 04:09:00 am »
Thanks for The Update can you tell me when you next release will be..

Jan

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 07:31:45 am »
The cycle is now about 2 weeks.

mediaguy

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 05:08:54 am »
Thank You. I appreciate your help.

mediaguy

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2021, 11:02:13 pm »
I have started to test with our automation system. We know that the system sends the Now and Next data as a TCP stream on port :1000. We have a network monitor that see's the traffic going on the network. We tried hitting the test button to see if it sees the metadata and its not picking it up. Iam not sure if we have it setup right. I here is my set up. Our online streaming server picks up the data from the automation system but MagicRDS does get the data. Can you help us with this Thanks.

Jan

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 08:04:48 am »
The TCP will not work with the internet website reader.

• You need to establish a new connection - Add new connection
  • Connection Kind: Bridge
  • Connection Type: Internal Channel
    Data Distribution: sendto source:"Playout"
  • Confirm by Add
  • Now go to the Virtual Ports - Add Virtual Port
  • Connection Type: TCP Client
    Server Host: localhost
    Port: 1000
  • Confirm by Add
  • In the External text sources, make sure that the Playout name exists in the list of sources and the Source Type is Internal Channel.

The internal channel buffer holds last line of the text (separated by Carriage Return character). Other formats are currently not supported but may be added on request.

Corresponding application scheme is showed in the Help - m4vp.pdf - Redirecting to External Text Sources

mediaguy

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 05:30:11 am »
Jan,
I will try these steps and let you know if we have issues. I am still getting familiarize with Magic RDS. Thanks for your help.

mediaguy

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 04:25:01 am »
Good Evening I am just giving and update. After a few several hours of trying to get the metadata  from the server MagicRDS 4 does not pick no data. I have Monitored the network and I can see the metadata stream in the network when the playout sever sends it. Our Streaming server picks up the stream Just fine we get the metadata & album cover so we know its working. I did all the steps given. Magic4 is not picking up the stream.  We tried TCP Client, TCP server UDP Non of these receives the Stream. So without data being read from the Webstream or Directly from the Playout server we can't proceed to the next step. which is actually testing a Real RDS Unit.