Author Topic: MAGIC RDS 4 - external radiotext source & using more datasets Q  (Read 1690 times)

davidmb

Hello,

I have aquestion regarding external radiotext sources and updating RT on change in regards to using more than one dataset.
Currently it seems to update on change only content in currently active dataset.

Is there an option to update all (or more of them) simultaneously? So when dataset changes from one to another there is current RT content in it?

I hope the question is clear :)

Thanks for your help in advance and br, David

Jan

Re: MAGIC RDS 4 - external radiotext source & using more datasets Q
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 10:26:39 am »
This is a very nice question.

Yes, it is possible if the RDS encoder supports writing to other (inactive) data sets. The P132/P164 family currently does not support this feature but most UECP encoders should support that. In such a case, type this into the External text sources - Destinations:

Code: [Select]
sendto * rt_encoding:UECP dsn:1
sendto * rt_encoding:UECP dsn:2

etc.

davidmb

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 10:48:43 am »
Thanks for your fast reply.

Great - this is what I was looking for. :)

Are there any plans to have a solution also for older Pira models (we use P32 connected via RS232)?
Currently we are solving this with a timeout - so when we return to different dataset there is a default RT message instead of a false one.

Br, David

Jan

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 11:14:54 am »
It is on the "TO DO" list, for the UECP control. We would like to implement that until end of the year, together with some other features.

davidmb

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 11:33:04 am »
Great, thanks for your feedback.

P.S.
Did a test and update of both datasets via UECP on other RDS coders is working as expected.  8)