Author Topic: UECP BW  (Read 3423 times)

Neo Radio

UECP BW
« on: May 23, 2020, 04:06:23 pm »
Hello,
How about UECP, i would like to test with my transmitter (BW Broadcast).
The version 3.8 is not working fine, sometimes work sometimes not.
When i test with version 4, i have "connecting"...

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Re: UECP
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 04:20:27 pm »
The Magic RDS 3 has never been written for your device and must not be used for its control. The Magic RDS help includes list of supported encoders.

The Magic RDS 4 supports your device. Furthermore, the built-in demo encoder is identical to the READBEST encoder in your device.

The message 'connecting' indicates that TCP connection parameters do not match - no connection can be established.

Neo Radio

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 06:21:09 pm »
Thank you.
I confirm it worked for few months with the 3.8e version.
I dont know why is not worked anymore...
BW Broadcast support send me informations about best working with 3.5 or 3.7a version, but i dont find old versions.

I test the 4.0, first of all : very good interface ! :)
I'm not shure about the configuration. I have test with Readbest, not connecting, still in "connecting".
I have to to a TCP Client connexion ? Ok ?
About 30 seconds, i can see informations on "Communication Decoder" and RDS Content is "downloaded" from my transmitter.

Thanks

Jan

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 06:48:56 pm »
If you can connect (i.e. see 'Connected') from Magic RDS 3, it should work the same way in the version 4. The Magic RDS 3 was a TCP client, so select TCP Client and fill the encoder's IP and port, as pre-configured on it.

Neo Radio

Re: UECP BW
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 04:01:33 pm »
Hello Jan,

I have installed new version 4.0.11, it work perfectly with BW Broadcast with UECP generic.
But i have some ads in text with "Pira.cz"... we have to buy full version to remove this text ?
Can you help me ?

Best regards,
Laurent

Jan

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 05:03:10 pm »
Correct device model selection for your equipment is READBEST. It is still based on UECP but for default address (ADR: 0, SITE: 0) the features are enhanced by other commands which do not have any UECP equivalent. The implementation is completely free of charge.

Once BW implements version 1.4 of this encoder, you'll be able to see current RDS output in the RDS Spy.

Neo Radio

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 06:53:26 pm »
Thank you Jan.
I test with Readbest and it working too. Cool !  8)

How i remove the Pira.cz text before my radiotext ?

If i check licence i have basic.

Jan

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 07:06:13 pm »
You need to Activate the application. The Activation is made automatically upon bidirectional communication with the RDS encoder. You may check the status in Help - License Manager. Usually everything you need to do is to check Bidirectional option in Add/Edit connection.

Neo Radio

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 07:27:51 pm »
Ok thank you.
My Fm Sender doesnt support the bidirectionnal communication (source Bw Broadcast Support himself).
But i see it communicating... but Activation not working. Activation is possible by another way ?
I have close the application, re open...

Jan

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 07:36:36 pm »
The Activation cannot be made without verifying the RDS encoder model thru the data line. A solution will be available next week in version 4.0.12.

Neo Radio

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 10:54:13 am »
Ok, thank you Jan.
I check next week for new version.

Neo Radio

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 02:05:21 pm »
Hello Jan,

I have tested with new version, activation not working, tried with Readbest or UECP with bi directional...

For your information, my BW Broadcast crashes after 2 or 3 days using Magic RDS.
I have contact with support and it doesn't understand why, maybe lot of commands... i have made Radiotext planning change every 20 seconds.
The problem is the web access or network access crash completely, we have no more network access still made a reboot of our transmitter.

Regards

Jan

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 01:05:32 pm »
'Generic UECP' option does not activate the application as this option is available in full license only.

With the Readbest, the activation is simple. Make sure the communication is bidirectional, then for example go to RDS Content and click on Read. Activation is done. This can be verified in Help - License manager. For unidirectional communication the full license is required.

The Readbest encoder library does not include Ethernet stack. I do not know what stack and webserver BW uses in their current products but if that component crashes, it seems to be a memory leak issue which only BW can probably solve. The encoder itself is designed for heavy traffic, like individual TMC distribution over UECP to a network of 60 transmitters. This is about 150 commands per second. The Readbest implementation in other products is stable. The DEMO encoder in the Magic RDS 4 is also the Readbest so it is available to everybody for RDS development and testing.