Author Topic: RadioText reads from correct source, but doesn't send.  (Read 973 times)

nealuk

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
RadioText reads from correct source, but doesn't send.
« on: November 21, 2017, 03:45:24 pm »
Hello,

I'm using Magic RDS 3.7i

I have set an external http text source to pick up the name of the current show / presenter.

I have set an external http text source to pick up the name of the forthcoming show.

My idea is to combine with task scheduler to have Radiotext of:

hh:55 onwards "The Current Show, with Current Presenter"

hh:45 onwards "Later: The Next Show with Next Presenter"

on a continuous loop.


The source changes, but the data is not Sent to the encoder. (have tired to add picture as attachment)


I must have overlooked something, or made a mistake somewhere.

Any suggestions or recommendations, please?

Thanks in advance,


Neal.

Jan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 559
Re: RadioText reads from correct source, but doesn't send.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:34:06 pm »
This kind of use is supported.

Check following:

  • Tools - External Text Sources - Radiotext 1 - Send on Change: must be checked (enabled)
  • Tools - External Text Sources - Text Sources - Go to next after: affects the delay after the switching, thus fill low value of a few seconds
  • Tools - External Text Sources - Text Sources - Keep in cache for: It is 600 seconds by default for the HTTP source. This is suitable for reading RSS news but this value may need to be reduced for programme information. Fill 30.

If this does not help, it would be useful to post the configuration files.

nealuk

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: RadioText reads from correct source, but doesn't send.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 11:12:06 am »
Thank you, that was the solution, it is working now  :)