Author Topic: sending metadata to tunein radio  (Read 8645 times)

bpowdrell

sending metadata to tunein radio
« on: May 29, 2016, 04:50:20 am »
The info from my Automation is a TXT file Magic RDS passes it along, my question is where do I make changes to send this enhanced metadata to tunein

BASICS

Requests to the Air API are very simple:
    # Update the song now playing on a station
    GET http://air.radiotime.com/Playing.ashx?partnerId=<id>&partnerKey=<key>&id=<stationid>&title=Bad+Romance&artist=Lady+Gaga

Your partnerId replaces <id>, partnerKey replaces <key>, and stationId, including the preliminary 's' replaces <stationid>. Your title and artist information should be set to be updated by your broadcast software in correspondence with the currently playing song.

SPECIFICS

Input

Parameter

Description

title The name of the song
artist The artist associated with the song
album The name of the associated album
commercial Set to true if the now playing broadcast is in commercial rather than a song

Output

Check the status code for success or failure result (200 means success)

NOTES

For now playing updates, please submit only once at the start of the song. Do not use a timer to submit a song, or submit a song multiple times. You may get blocked if you send in too many requests in a short period. Make sure to include an "s" before your station ID. Information does not update on the TuneIn.com site in realtime. Changes to station information can take up to a day to appear. If the station is going to a commercial or other non-song playing period, send the request with the commercial=true flag.

Jan

Re: sending metadata to tunein radio
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 01:47:29 pm »
You may try this setting in the Magic RDS:

Options - External Text Sources - More Options - Send as HTTP GET Query:

Enabled: Yes
Source: The text source its content you want to appear on the website
Variable: title
URL: http://air.radiotime.com/Playing.ashx?partnerId=<id>&partnerKey=<key>&id=<stationid>&artist=Your+Station+Name

radiosuradeje

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 12:24:55 pm »
Hi to all.

Is it possible send artist and title variable? For example:

http://air.radiotime.com/Playing.ashx?partnerId=<id>&partnerKey=<key>&id=<stationid>&title=<MagicRDSTitleVariable>"&artist=<MagicRDSArtistVariable>

Jan

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 11:27:24 pm »
There's currently no such option. Artist and title fields should send your broadcast automation system, the RDS chain is at most a recipient, not a creator of this information. We would be glad to implement this non-RDS function if having enough of human resources.

radiosuradeje

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 10:48:09 pm »
Thanks Jan for your reply.

I think I have not explained myself correctly. My automation software sends the artist and title fields to a text file. Currently Magic RDS software imports them and sends them to RDS Radio Text Plus option to my Pira RDS Encoder.

My question was whether it was possible that those data that are already in Magic RDS software could be used at the same time to be sent from the HTTP GET option.

Would it be possible to take the data has already been imported from a text file and send it to TuneIn api via the HTTP GET option in Magic RDS software ?.

It would be very important for me because my radio automation software does not have the option to send them directly to the TuneIn API.

Thanks a lot for your time.