Author Topic: Password problem  (Read 3049 times)

Cowboy

Password problem
« on: November 17, 2015, 11:22:38 pm »
this software is installed on our stream encoder computer running windows 7. The problem is I did not install it and there is a password set on it so you can't change any of the settings without it and I do not know the password. So I thought no problem I will just delete it and reinstall it. Except there must be a file somewhere that is not getting deleted because it still asks for the password. I looked in the registry and under user app data and found nothing. Can anyone tell me how to get around this so I can change the email the alarms are sent to?

Jan

Re: Password problem
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 05:59:39 pm »
The password can be removed using following method:

1)
Find the Silence Detector data folder.
In Windows XP this is usually C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application data\<silence detector subfolder>
In Windows 8 this is usually C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\<silence detector subfolder>

2)
Open the file piraside.ini (for example in Notepad) located in the folder above.

3)
In section [General] find a line starting with SetupPassword= and delete entire this line.

4)
Save the file. If you are unable to save the file, remove its Read only attribute first.

Cowboy

Re: Password problem
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 06:46:35 pm »
Thanks thats just what i need. That fixed it.  8) 8) 8)