Author Topic: Mail send Alarm Task fails after adding a task before it  (Read 3833 times)

Jack Elliott

We've been using Silence Detector successfully at our community radio station for many many months. I initially set it up to send an email when silence was detected, and it has been doing that reliable.

Until now. I've added a second Alarm Task to perform if it detects silence: Issue a DOC command to reboot a computer on the network, THEN and send the alert email.

The tasks are in that order.

The first task completes successfully -- Silence Detector reboots the "trouble" computer.

But the emails aren't going out -- the second task.

Once the stream goes back up, the Return Task "Stream Detected" email goes out, and from the Alarm Tasks panel, the Test button works, too, so there's nothing wrong with Silence Detector's emails settings.

And once the trouble computer boots back up, the Return Task "Stream Detected" email goes out

I enabled the logfile, and it reports simply that there was an error sending the email.

Example:
2015-06-27 20:16:26; Pira CZ Silence Detector v. 1.3a starting up...
2015-06-30 08:47:55; Alarm activated (silent channel(s): Left and Right)
2015-06-30 08:48:05; An error occured when trying to send email: Connect timed out.
2015-06-30 08:52:15; Returned from alarm condition
2015-07-02 09:19:34; Alarm activated (silent channel(s): Left and Right)
2015-07-02 09:19:46; An error occured when trying to send email: Socket Error # 11004 
2015-07-02 09:28:00; Returned from alarm condition

I reckon I will reverse the order of tasks: send email THEN issue reboot. Will advise.

Jan

Re: Mail send Alarm Task fails after adding a task before it
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:30:15 pm »
I see from you log that there's only a small delay (10 to 20 seconds) between activating the alarm and sending the email. I have several PC's but no PC is able to reboot in that short time. Do you use the Silence Detector's internal Reboot option or what the "DOC command" really mean? Also note that after reboot, the network may not work immediately so sending email is not possible within first seconds. This may be solved by inserting a delay into the queue.

SH

Re: Mail send Alarm Task fails after adding a task before it
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 03:43:34 pm »
I've had the same problem.

Use this link, https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
- and enable "Access for less secure apps"

Now it will work