Author Topic: NexGen config for MicroRDS  (Read 7856 times)

MasterMark

NexGen config for MicroRDS
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:00:16 pm »
Is there any way to display Song Title & Artist using NexGen and a MicroRDS at the transmitter site. I do have
Internet at the transmitter site.

Thanks

Mark

Jan

Re: NexGen config for MicroRDS
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:30:09 am »
It should be possible for example using this schematic:

NexGen RDS Export TCP/IP ---- (Ethernet link) -----> SS On-Air application -> TinyRDS application -> MicroRDS Encoder

The SS On-Air is a TCP/IP server receiving text data and saving last text line to a local disk so the TinyRDS can read it. Download at http://pira.cz/rds/ssonair.zip

We also offer the new P132 RDS Encoder which is able to do this job directly and stand-alone (without need of PC on the transmitter site).

MasterMark

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:26:34 pm »
Jan -

I am seeing a file called Output.Txt on my C: folder. However if I look at it , it appears as a line of symbols. At the end
of the string I do see the station's call letters. It is updating at the beginning of each song. At present I am bench testing
so I can not see the actual RDS output .

Shouldn't this file be standard text? ex:  Another One Bites The Dust ; Queen

Thanks

Mark

Jan

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:49:49 pm »
Maybe it's due to UECP format, you need a standard plain ASCII. It is necessary to configure the NexGen RDS Export. Select Artist, Title, remove all prefixes, set the item separator to some common character and set the entire record separator as CR+LF, select Remove Header.

MasterMark

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:48:38 pm »
Jan - I checked with NexGen and they were not real sure what the export format was. They suggested that I export to a file and then take a look. Well it looks like a plain text file. There were 3 different types of formats that I could export to a file. Here is an example:

Standard:  RT=Carrying Your Love With Me~GEORGE STRAIT

PDT:   00REWIND00RASCAL FLATTS00   (the "00" were at beginning , between title/artist , and end)

XML:  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<nexgen_audio_export>

<audio ID="id_2436944550_30368525">
<type>Song</type>
<status>Playing</status>
<title>RT=LONG HOT SUMMER</title>
<artist>KEITH URBAN</artist>
</audio>

</nexgen_audio_export>

I put the RT= in the Lead Text Box..

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark