Author Topic: Cannot rebroadcast all  (Read 6918 times)

DickTelder

Cannot rebroadcast all
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:11:21 pm »
Hello all,

I have managed (I think) to rebroadcast an .spy rds stream, but now it seems like it is blended into the ordinary stream. The throughput is only about 3.7 groups per second. The encoder is the PIRA32. (And is only used for testing purpose)

What am I doing wrong?

Jan

Re: Cannot rebroadcast all
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:19:27 pm »
Follow the pdf document included in the plugin zip file.

DickTelder

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:34:43 am »
It seems as the settings does not take effect.  Is it a way to reset all rebroadcast settings? Or can I have done a setting in MagicRDS that affect rebroadcast? The PI is not changed on the LCD of encoder, the PS sometimes flickers from the default. The operation LED flickers fast when I rebroadcast. I have tested to reboot both PC and encoder.

Jan

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 11:43:13 am »
See the settings on the pictures. I have no idea what you want to reset. I'm sure you're missing something:

DickTelder

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 12:35:11 pm »
I have set everything exactly as in your pictures, except that I want to rebroadcast PI/TP/PTY.
But the Groups sent to output per second stays on 3.7 (as if "Limit group rate" was ticked).

So I guessed that the settings for the Rebroadcast plugin was broken, but I did not find the settings stored in the registry or in a text file.  Or would it help reinstall RDS spy to reset all settings?

Jan

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 01:00:59 pm »
If you untick the "Limit group rate" connection parameter, you must Disconnect and Connect again for this parameter to take effect.
Your encoder must be configured for the maximum speed (19200 bps).

DickTelder

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 01:43:43 pm »
Yes, I have done so. Many times. I can set up a Teamviewer session if you have a few minutes to help me.

Is there a way to do a "factory reset" of the Encoder and of the PC software?

Jan

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 02:27:43 pm »
This issue has probably nothing to do with the RDS encoder itself.
In order the RDS Spy can rebroadcast at full RDS rate of 11.4 groups per second, entire chain must be synchronized. The RDS encoder confirms transmission of each group, next group can be sent upon this confirmation. If the rebroadcast plugin doesn't receive the confirmation, next group is sent upon timeout event, resulting in smaller group rate.
That means you should verify again
  • if you can communicate with the RDS encoder (not only send data but also receive data from the unit)
  • if the RDS encoder's speed is equal to the speed set in the rebroadcast plugin (19200 bps)
  • if "Bidirectional" communication option is checked in the plugin
  • if RDS Spy sends groups at right rate, this can be verified in the rebroadcast plugin like on the picture above

DickTelder

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 03:32:58 pm »
Thanks for helping me!

If I decrease the speed to 2400bps, the communication works with the encoder and I can send 5.7 groups/s. But not at higher bitrates. Even with Magic RDS it is not possible to set a higher speed without it goes to 2400 when I connect to the encoder. I can read out settings and FW version with Magic RDS, so it seems there is no problem with the connection.

Jan

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 05:01:40 pm »
OK, so everything you have to do is to set the RDS encoder's port speed to 19200 bps. In Magic RDS menu it's Options - Device Setup. Confirm by Store.

DickTelder

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 05:13:37 pm »
Now Magic RDS works in 19200. (RDS Spy Force Close a number of times I pressed "Disconnect" in Rebroadcast, but after some tries it accepted the new speed)

Problem solved, case closed. Thanks for your assistance!

/Dick