Author Topic: RDS rebroadcast  (Read 8548 times)

David

RDS rebroadcast
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:04:24 pm »
Hi, to see if I can explain well and you can help me. I have a transmitter with RDS in my house, I will use it as a link to a more powerful transmitter. The latter does not have RDS, there is some form of a receiver with RDS, send the signal to the transmitter RDS and RDS and only use the small transmitter? Or would that put the RDS in the second transmitter?
Thank you!

Jan

Re: RDS rebroadcast
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:51:47 pm »
You need a receiver with MPX output on the 2nd transmitter's site, but the 2nd transmitter must be able to accept MPX signal. If the 2nd transmitter has only left and right audio inputs, the situation has no solution.

David

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »
Hi, thanks for the reply. The second transmitter MPX input if you have what I find is a receiver with MPX output. Now that I do keep looking.
Thank you.

Jan

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:09:32 pm »
Older FM tuners can be usually modified for this purpose. The MPX signal is present on the FM demodulator output, it can be amplified by opamp and fed to the transmitter. Exact method unfortunately depends on the receiver type, there's no general guide.

David

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 09:32:27 pm »
OK, thank you. It will be difficult because I do not understand much of electronics to do that but I'll try.

David

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 07:48:08 pm »
Older FM tuners can be usually modified for this purpose. The MPX signal is present on the FM demodulator output, it can be amplified by opamp and fed to the transmitter. Exact method unfortunately depends on the receiver type, there's no general guide.
Hello Jan, I wanted to ask if the tuner has to have RDS or could serve one without. It is difficult to find a cheap one to test and try to do.
Thank you!

Jan

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 10:53:02 pm »
It should be stereo, internal RDS decoder is not required at all.

David

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 03:19:56 pm »
Ok, thank you very much!