The P175 FM Broadcast Analyzer is a
stand-alone low-cost solution for FM broadcast analysis. It provides complete FM
modulation and basic AF spectrum measurements in FM radio band through the antenna input.
Built-in LCD display and control interface allows to measure and collect data in terrain
without need of any PC computer.
This kind of analyzer is an essential equipment for all FM radio stations to ensure
compliance with basic technical broadcast standards and to accomplish the highest audio
|P175 FM Broadcast
P175 FM Analyzer in Box
| Buy it! |
P175 FM Analyzer Module - Fixed LCD
| Buy it! |
P175 FM Analyzer Module - Flexible LCD
| Buy it! |
- New firmware & FM Scope version released -
- New firmware & software version available -
1.3c rev. 3. (23.7.2012)
- FM Guard monitoring utility added
- New revision of the device introduced - P175
- Real-time Windows RDS decoder available for the
device: http://rdsspy.com (21.11.2010)
- P175 in action: http://pira.cz/monitor/?lang=eng
- Stand-alone design, completely DSP based from IF to
- Compliant with CEPT/ERC REC 54-01 E
- Dual-conversion receiver
- Built-in LCD display, USB and RS-232 interface
- Alarm outputs
- Firmware updates for free
- Easy to use
- Overall frequency deviation incl. histogram
- Modulation power
- Baseband FFT
- Pilot and RDS deviation
- Pilot-to-RDS phase difference
- FM carrier frequency difference
- Stereo balance meter
- Headphones audio output
- RDS/RBDS decoder
The P175 mainboard.
Quick technical data:
||8-12 V DC or NiMH accu or USB
||120 MHz RISC DSP
||BNC, 50 Ohms
|RF sensitivity (26 dB S/N)
|RF sensitivity (full measurements)
||133 x 70 mm
||CE (EN 55013)
Find complete technical data in the pdf manual.
- If you adjust the modulation level using only your
ears, the real frequency deviation can easily reach more than 30 % over the limit.
- Overmodulation increases the FM band spectrum
pollution and audio distortion. An inspection may fine for it by a considerable amount of
- If you adjust the pilot tone level only using a rule
of thumb, you may cause unavailing troubles to your listeners.
- The P175 is one of the few FM analysis equipments on
the world that allows direct measurement of pilot-to-RDS phase difference.
- Not all commercially available audio limiters and
other parts of the broadcast chain ensure no overmodulation and overshooting. You may
believe and trust but the FM analyzer will show it exactly.