Author Topic: Firmware update fail 1.6a PIRA 32 anno 2006  (Read 14609 times)

radiosiciliaexpress

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Re: Firmware update fail 1.6a PIRA 32 anno 2006
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2026, 10:16:58 pm »
Hi Jan, after some time I tried replacing the PIRA32 PIC microcontroller you sent me, but it doesn't work: both LED 1 and LED 2 remain off, and there is no RDS signal output. So, I put the old PIC back in; at least that one works, even though I can't program it with new messages—it always gives the same "communication error"!
If you could send another microcontroller, I would be grateful—I'm even willing to pay for it again—but please test it before shipping it to me. Thanks.

Jan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1339
Re: Firmware update fail 1.6a PIRA 32 anno 2006
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2026, 10:36:53 pm »
That’s unfortunate. A third attempt is pointless as there is clearly another fault somewhere. We could check and repair the board if you sent it to us, but when you factor in the time and several shipping costs, it doesn't make economic sense for a 20-year-old board. It will be more advantageous for you to purchase a module from our current offer. You get incomparably greater value for similar cost.

I advised you to check the supply voltage before the replacement. You didn't mention whether you did so. From experience, I can tell you that the cause of most inexplicable faults lies in the power adapter, while the device itself is fine.

radiosiciliaexpress

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Re: Firmware update fail 1.6a PIRA 32 anno 2006
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2026, 09:30:38 pm »
Hi Jan, OK, it works. Two pins on the PIRA processor were out of the socket; everything is working now and there are no communication errors. Thanks, and have a good evening. :) :) :) ;D ;D

Jan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1339
Re: Firmware update fail 1.6a PIRA 32 anno 2006
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2026, 09:32:23 pm »
Great job ;D