Author Topic: How to continue MP3 from paused point when silence is detected again?  (Read 1050 times)

Junco

I am trying to set up an installation in an art gallery where ideally, a certain music file will only play when there is sufficient silence, pause when there is too much noise, and continue from the paused point when silence returns.  Is there a way I can do this with "Silence Detector"?  I was so happy to find this app and hopeful when I figured out how to make it start the music with silence, and kill the MP3 player with noise.  But I don't want to restart the same music file from the beginning, but instead to continue it, when silence returns.   And also is there a way to cycle through different sound files, a different one each time silence occurs, or a different one depending on the time or day? 

Junco

An additional request: could I make "Silence Detector" have, as an alarm task, to make an MP3 that is currently playing out one output (that goes to headphones), also go out an additional output (that goes to external speakers)?  And when the silence ends, to stop going out that additional output?

Jan

What you actually need is an mp3 player driven by events. The silence detector is another kind of software, its purpose is different and I do not see an easy way how to adapt it.

trafficnautilus

The Silence Detector app can be a useful tool for achieving your goals in the art gallery installation, but it may require some additional setup and customization to achieve the specific functionality you desire.