Radio Data System (RDS) > General Discussion about the RDS

RT+ & Tag1 Tag2

(1/1)

Dimemeff:
Hi Jan ,
It is possible make on RT+ Tag1 row display only loop text messages, I have 4 row now, and on Tag2 row display only song name and title. I using RadioBOSS and now on RT+ I have loop text messabges and song name & title  (on one row every 17 sec change text row then son name&title)) it is good, but Tag2 is empty! I want separate and on one Tag continiousely display son and title name the on other Tag only fixed text mesages in loop???
Thank you for answer!

Jan:
I cannot imagine how this can work, because RT+ does not operate such way. The tag1 and tag2 are only markers to positions in the Radiotext. In the Radiotext, there can be only single text at a time and its total length is limited to 64 characters. Thus, you should configure the software to show artist and title as two separate tags. Any other text message must alternate with the artist and title.

Dimemeff:
Thank you Jan
Understand you completly.
Everything is very nice. I seting and use all function...

P.S. When will start using the function SEND LOGO..
Thank you for recorder in last software version.
Everithing is perfect.
Thank you. PIRA is the best.
Dimemeff

Jan:
The RDS Forum organization admitted their mistake and put the station logo back to the standard (previously, it has been removed from the final draft and replaced by general ODA application without further definition of the data format). The industry needlessly lost many years. As the result, we are still on the beginning - there are no commercially available receivers able to handle such function. Moreover there's a strong lobby of DAB, cellular and other digital service providers, whose activity does not include further enhancement of the FM.

We will implement the logo function as soon as appropriate final IEC standard is released. Most likely by end of 2023.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version