Author Topic: Bridge / VP issue - Temporary overdrive of external text  (Read 7031 times)

jcmarsalis

I have an instance of MagicRDS4 set up specifically to send Title & Artist info to my streaming provider (Securenetsystems.com). It has to be stripped down to Title;Artist and sent just once or it goofs up our royalty reporting.
I have set up bridge WSKKbridge to receive info from playout system on VP1 UDP 10001 with the following Internal Channel Distribution info:
saveto file:"C:\Users\m\Documents\Shark-title-artist.txt" mode:"rewrite"
sendto "WSKK-DCS"
---
WSKK-DCS is setup as a bridge TCP client connecting to the streaming seed app on [internal IP]:TCP 5005
This works correctly as expected, sending new info as it changes.

My issue is that I want to update for special programs by using External Scheduler so I set up an event:
event days:"2" times:"11:02"   send connection:"WSKK-DCS" command:"Heard It On The Shark;Melinda"
And THAT works fine.

I expected MagicRDS to send the info from C:\Users\m\Documents\Shark-title-artist.txt when it was updated again, which happens as soon as the special program ends. But it just stays on the text sent from the Event Scheduler event.

So, I can "turn it on" for special programs, but can't "turn it off". (Closing that instance of MagicRDS4 and restarting it makes it revert to proper operation). Is there a command I can send via External Scheduler to WSKK-DCS at the expected end of the special program that will force revert to updating/sending on change of the Shark-title-artist.txt ?

Jan

Re: Bridge / VP issue
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 10:29:51 pm »
Please let me allow to summarize your case, as I understand it:

For a specific time, you want to show a predefined text rather than the text generated by your broadcast automation.
After return from this condition, resume the last text, previously provided by the broadcast automation.

Is that true?

jcmarsalis

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 10:56:46 pm »
Yes.

Jan

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 09:50:15 am »

Sending a text via the send command does not turn off associated external text source.

For this purpose there's a special command:
set Radiotext.SendOnChange:"0"
or
set DPS1.SendOnChange:"0"

To turn on the external text source again:
set Radiotext.SendOnChange:"1"
or
set DPS1.SendOnChange:"1"

Once the external text source is turned on again, the update does not occur immediately but after a new text is detected in the external text source. This is sometimes desirable and sometimes not. It will be fixed in next version by a special command.

jcmarsalis

Re: Bridge / VP issue - Temporary overdrive of external text
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 04:35:05 pm »
Thanks for your help! Seems to be working.

jcmarsalis

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 10:20:25 pm »
I notice you have recommended
set set DPS1.SendOnChange:"0"
rather than
set DPS1.SendOnChange:"0"

we need 2 "set" for DPS1?

Jan

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 10:31:17 pm »
No, sorry, it's my mistake, it has been corrected in the post.

jcmarsalis

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 11:14:06 pm »
Ok great. Thanks very much for your help!