Author Topic: Software download  (Read 1368 times)

JohnnyVee

Software download
« on: May 10, 2021, 07:37:46 pm »
Hi ya,
I have my P164 now working perfectly on an old 32bit PC but when I switched everything over to my new 64 bit PC, I'm having issues talking to the P164 (both via USB). To me it looks like a coms issue. I presume I don't have to download any additional software apart from Magic RDS 4 ? Thanks J

Cepreu

Re: Software download
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 12:11:37 pm »
Hi. I'm on 64bit W10Pro, Working on Magic4, stable.
But if you router was restarted, for me connection with Pira not back :(

Jan

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 11:09:38 am »
Cepreu:

The connection always resumes automatically, regardless of what happened to the network.

The router restart belongs a group of phenomena called 'dropped connection'. The connection is not closed by the software and network device on the remote end still waits for incoming data. All RDS encoders from our production have a programmable connection (inactivity) timeout for that purpose. This needs to stay enabled. See the device manual for details.

JohnnyVee:

Download latest USB drivers from the website or at https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/

JohnnyVee

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 02:03:41 pm »
Problem solved.... For some reason if I download Magic RDS 4 from the website and then try to run it I have problems. However if I download the software on another machine to USB and then install the software from the exe on the USB ... Happy Days. I must have an issue with my antivirus software downloading from websites as it's not the first time this has happened (Zara Radio wouldn't load properly either)