Author Topic: Magic RDS4 Xml & Automation Now Playing  (Read 7266 times)

Jan

Re: Magic RDS4 Xml & Automation Now Playing
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 07:50:31 am »
Without exact knowing at least the network protocol type being used by the service, it would be a big coincidence to get it working. From the information provided I'm not able to give you further help.

Hope you can try another approach which is the Website URL reader in the External Text Sources. It is now working correctly with your HTTP server since version 4.0.24.

Process: As XML
Element path %1%: /playlist/title
Element path %2%: /playlist/artist
Output template: %1% by %2%

mediaguy

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2021, 09:27:16 pm »
Jan,
 I will send you an email  where I can respond to you with any specific questions yo may have.

Also Please send me instruction on how to setup this in Magic4 I am not sure how to setup Website URL reader in the External Text Sources and where it is
Thanks

Process: As XML
Element path %1%: /playlist/title
Element path %2%: /playlist/artist
Output template: %1% by %2%

mediaguy

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 09:56:57 pm »

Jan,
 Our Main Playout system sends NOW and NEXT as a UDP String. Our Streaming Player picks up the Metadata from the play-out system.  In The test  we have done the Magic4  see's the web sever and  webpage it displayed the Page in the test so we know it see's the server. But we don't see the metadata when the song changes. With the Streaming Player we see the NOW and NEXT Metadata. We have not Activated now and Next On you Backup System. Once we get the first system running then second will work. We are trying to get both of the types of import  to work The UDP and the XML from the streaming player. We have two different locations that We may serving up the metadata so we can have a seamless transition of metadata when one system fails.

Please let me know if there is anything that I may do to make it work.

Thanks

Jan

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 08:40:36 pm »
This is the file content read:

Code: [Select]
<playlist>
<DCSoutputVersion>2</DCSoutputVersion>
<stationCallSign>****</stationCallSign>
<programType>PGM</programType>
<mediaType>AUD</mediaType>
<title>I Need Your Lovin</title>
<artist>Teena Marie</artist>
<album/>
<cover/>
<duration>338</duration>
<campaignId/>
<fileId/>
<programStartTS>03 Mar 2021 19:31:30</programStartTS>
<adBlockPos/>
</playlist>

and below is how to configure the XML parser. It works OK.

mediaguy

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2021, 09:45:41 pm »
Thank you for your reply I will make the proper configuration changes that you sent and I will update you on what happens.

Thanks

mediaguy

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 11:52:48 pm »
I have an Update I can see The metadata Now from the xml Feed But It does not  Push the metadata to the Demo Encoder What are the settings to have. I have tried changing the options in external Text Replacing and services tab destinations Tab.

Jan

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 06:16:15 am »
In the Destinations, click on the Default button. There's no need to invent anything.

To prevent sending empty fields provided by your software, you may fill this into the Text replacing:

Change
 by

to

(space+'by'+space; nothing)

or

(space+'by'+space; Any default text)

mediaguy

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 09:52:13 pm »
 I tried putting the additional info in the the corresponding locations. I am not understanding where they go so here is part of my setup. I also noticed that when we click the radio click Test Button Nothing happens but when I click on the rest of the tests buttons the  data changes. Here is how the settings look.  Can yo see if yo can figure our whats happening,

mediaguy

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2021, 09:55:28 pm »
Here is more of the setup.

Jan

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2021, 10:37:08 pm »
OK, again: Click on the Default button as mentioned before (the 'Destinations - Send To' must be sendto *, not only sendto without any value).

The Magic RDS 4 is a powerful software which supports multiple connections at once, so it is necessary to specify which connections will receive the external text,  the * means all connections.

You've decided to show the text as a Dynamic PS, so all the settings related to the Radiotext will have no effect.

mediaguy

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 07:41:22 pm »
Thank you. I made the adjustment and its working now. I still don't see the changes in the demo encoder when Magic4 recievwa the metadata as you can see it does not change see Pictures I had checked - ENABLE EXTERNAL TEXT SOURCES AND PLAY OUT. and no change. These are things I tried
1. I tried Enabling External Sources
2. I tried Enabling  Send On change
3. Tried Enabling Synchronized with Dynamic PS1
 I am not sure what settings I am missing.

mediaguy

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2021, 08:59:50 am »
I would like to let you you know that Magic 4 is finally working.I can see  the the data, I still Get The___By___ when there is no text  . I have a coupe of questions.
1. I would like to know if it can also show the picture Thumbnail.
2. How do you get it do display Program Text and Dynamic text when there is no data available.
3 Will your P164 RDS Encoder display Thumbnail Picture along with the text.

I am considering purchasing your P164 RDS Encoder since it works on IP Do you have any suggestions.
Thanks

Jan

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2021, 11:16:00 am »
In the Text replacing box, you may change any unwanted text to either empty string or a station slogan, for instance.

Program-related thumbnails are known from DAB but no such feature is defined in FM RDS. Graphics has been completely removed from the RDS2 standard, keeping only general ODA frame for file transfer. Thus, the future of graphics transferred over RDS is unknown. Anyway, the speed is too low to create effects like in DAB. It's because RDS2 uses obsolete sub-carrier scheme, which has poor efficiency compared to modern digital modulations.

mediaguy

Re: Magic RDS4 Xml & Automation Now Playing **UPDATE**
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2021, 08:51:45 am »
Magic 4 has bee working fine. we got a loner RDS to test. Bu we can seem to get to get the RDS  to see The Metadata, On magic 4 it shows its connected TCP but it does not show any packets received. Any Suggestions. The Unite is UCEP compatible.

Thanks