Author Topic: TCP/IP Connection and ENCO Padapult configuration  (Read 6719 times)

Jan

Re: TCP/IP Connection
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 09:47:41 pm »
Great, thank you. I'm already out of office for today so I'm not able to track how this happened but I can say that the story ends. What is certain is that the firmware version 2.2 has never been intended for P132/P332. It was written for the P164, before all these models were unified at the firmware level.

Current firmware version for entire family of RDS encoders is 2.2b which can be downloaded at https://pira.cz/rds/p132fwup.zip

Once you apply this FW via serial port, reconfigure again the PORT3/PORT4 parameters and reset the device.

Nemosity

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2020, 11:55:50 pm »
That worked like a charm to connect to my studio automation!  Thank you!
It was working with dynamic display until I tried removing the *RDS* out of the default PS field and removed "DPS=" off the text I was sending.  Now I can't seem to reverse it and get it working again; three steps forward, two steps back.

Jan

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2020, 08:50:13 am »
You may fill any default PS (8-character long field for station name), that has no effect on anything else.

Correct prefix for the text being sent is however necessary. The most common prefixes are TEXT= for Radiotext and DPS1ENQ= for Dynamic PS. The Radiotext 1 or Dynamic PS 1 must be enabled on the encoder (it is enabled by default).

For RT+, the broadcast automation system must support X-Command format of the text or at least UECP MEC 24 or RTP command. Good systems already support that. If you're not sure, post here the padapult configuration screenshot.

Nemosity

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2020, 06:33:04 pm »
Ok, I’ve at least got it sending data, though it’s not updating as it should.  The display I had up this afternoon was from early this morning.  Also, what variable, if any, needs to be put in so that it does not display the DPS= in the display field? Or should I simply remove that tag from my automation info that is being sent?

Jan

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2020, 06:50:34 pm »
You should simply remove everything what is beyond the text required. The encoder accepts text in all standard formats. But each software has different approach and not every software is well documented. If you're not sure, post the configuration screenshot here. Without seeing it, I can only guess. Or contact their support how to reset the software into sending standard text format.

Nemosity

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2020, 08:01:56 pm »
OK, thank you.  What about the speed in the updating?  What could be causing such a lag in the display of the information getting to the P332 encoder? 

Here are some screen shots of ENCO automation's Padapult program we are using.  The "DPS=" Needs to be on the text when sending directly to the Nautel FM transmitters that are capable of RDS encoding, (NVLT, VS and GV versions).  However, I have two Nautels that are the NV versions and cannot do RDS encoding, requiring an external encoder. 

Jan

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2020, 08:23:07 pm »
Is the RT+ (Radiotext Plus) something you're interested in? Because if you can define such output template, you may omit the DPS, which is obsolete, and go directly to XCMD. For example:

Code: [Select]
XCMD=<rds><item><dest>7</dest><text><title>[TITLE]</title> by <artist>[ARTIST]</artist> on WLMN IPR NEWS RADIO</text></item></rds>[13]The destination code 7 means Dynamic PS, Radiotext and Radiotext Plus.

Select and copy this text into the template field.

Anyway, there are some other possibilities using old data format:

For Dynamic PS only:
DPS1ENQ=[TITLE] by [ARTIST] on WLMN IPR NEWS RADIO[13]There are many options provided for the Dynamic PS parsing, delays etc. In the encoder's website, go to
RDS Configuration - Dynamic PS - Settings for Dynamic PS 1, Common Settings for Dynamic PS (see the picture)

For Radiotext only:
TEXT=[TITLE] by [ARTIST] on WLMN IPR NEWS RADIO[13]

The [13] is a command meaning Enter. It is required by all encoders to terminate the ASCII text string. Most software inserts it automatically.

Nemosity

Re: TCP/IP Connection and ENCO Padapult configuration
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2020, 10:18:51 pm »
The good news is that after making the suggested changes, seems to be working as expected and updating!  The bad news is that the other unit, with the same exact settings, is not updating or displaying the dynamic PS.  I may try and drive to the site this week and reload the firmware again.  Everything on these two units is set exactly the same in the automation and on the P332's themselves, one is working, the other is not.  Getting closer!

**I went over everything, screen by screen starting with my automation config.  I noticed that I was missing the [013] on the setup for WIAB's messages.  They are BOTH working now!  Thank you so very much for your time and attention to this!

Jan

Re: TCP/IP Connection and ENCO Padapult configuration
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2020, 06:40:17 am »
We produced a long story :D
Happy to see it is ok.