Author Topic: Return Task is invoked if alarm queue is broken  (Read 3090 times)

omega1

Return Task is invoked if alarm queue is broken
« on: July 24, 2018, 11:06:29 am »
Hello!

I use the software in the following way...

I monitor my stream using an audio player, say VLC. If there is a silence, I use a batch file in the Alarm Task section to restart VLC (just in case it is VLC that has crashed).

If VLC is able to to start the stream again, audio resumes.

I have the 'break alarm queue' set if sound is present for 3 seconds. Up until here, all works fine.

My issue is that even though the audio resumes and the queue is broken, the 'Return Tasks' still trigger. Is there any way to stop the 'Return Tasks' from triggering if the audio resumes at this stage? I assume that the software considering that the audio has already failed because it has entered the alarm state?

Not sure after re-reading this that it makes sense!

Jan

Re: Return Task is invoked if alarm queue is broken
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 08:26:06 am »
It entirely makes sense. Unfortunately in current version the return tasks are always processed. If you think that a simple sub-option 'Don't process Return tasks' under the 'Break the alarm task queue' would solve it, I can add this in following version.

omega1

Re: Return Task is invoked if alarm queue is broken
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 12:44:23 pm »
Hi Jan, thanks for responding. I definitely think this would be useful, certainly for my use case, so if it could be implemented, that would be great!  :D
It would also be great to be able to allow HTML in the email notification body! Thanks again.