Radio Data System (RDS) > PIRA32 RDS Encoder

Center PS Dynamic with command line | Enabling RT

(1/2) > >>

Damien:
Hi,

I search a solution for command the Pira RDS with the command line. all it's ok in my solution, but i have a problem for center the message on PS.

i have tried DPS1MOD=2, but unfortunaly, it's not centered on display.

have you an solution ?

Jan:
DPS mode 2 is left-aligned. There's no command for centering the text. To center the words or to create any other effect, switch to mode 0 which is transparent, i.e. keeping any formatting you do manually or using the control software. In mode 0 the DPS text represents a set of 8-character PS strings, without any delimiter between the strings.

Damien:
Happy Easter :)

Thanks Jan for the fastest response on this special day :)

Ok, i develop this on my software.

Radio Paul Bert:
Hi, I've a similar problem but I'm not sure to understand your answer...

Our community station uses a Pira32 which will be driven by a raspberry over serial communication for RT.
For now, I'm just experimenting manually : I can connect to the Pira32 with picocom (a terminal emulation software like minicom) without problem.

I want our station name being "centered" with 2 left spaces within the maximum 8 characters allowed for PS
But with picocom, when issuing a PS=   NAME the left spaces characters are ignored.

I red the documentation but I don't understand how DPS1MOD 0 (Scrolling by 8 characters) is related with PS centering

Thank you for your help

Jan:
The PIRA32 does not remove spaces from PS (station name), it keeps the formatting as entered. Thus the spaces are removed by your terminal or by your receiver.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version