Radio Data System (RDS) > MRDS1322

RDS rebroadcast

(1/2) > >>

David:
Hi, to see if I can explain well and you can help me. I have a transmitter with RDS in my house, I will use it as a link to a more powerful transmitter. The latter does not have RDS, there is some form of a receiver with RDS, send the signal to the transmitter RDS and RDS and only use the small transmitter? Or would that put the RDS in the second transmitter?
Thank you!

Jan:
You need a receiver with MPX output on the 2nd transmitter's site, but the 2nd transmitter must be able to accept MPX signal. If the 2nd transmitter has only left and right audio inputs, the situation has no solution.

David:
Hi, thanks for the reply. The second transmitter MPX input if you have what I find is a receiver with MPX output. Now that I do keep looking.
Thank you.

Jan:
Older FM tuners can be usually modified for this purpose. The MPX signal is present on the FM demodulator output, it can be amplified by opamp and fed to the transmitter. Exact method unfortunately depends on the receiver type, there's no general guide.

David:
OK, thank you. It will be difficult because I do not understand much of electronics to do that but I'll try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version