Author Topic: P164 restart scheduling  (Read 1898 times)

Technika

P164 restart scheduling
« on: July 13, 2023, 02:13:35 pm »
Hello,

I have a question regarding the device configuration of P164 with Magic RDS 4. I am trying to setup a daily reset/restart of the encoder without the need to be connected to a computer that has the Magic RDS 4 program running.

I tried using the internal scheduler in the device configuration by setting the scheduling item with the command RESET and making it execute the command everyday at a specific time. After pressing "Apply Item" it looks like data gets sent to P164, same when pressing "Apply" below "Scheduler Settings" with "Scheduler Enable" set to Enable. But after pressing Test or waiting for the specified time to come, nothing happens and the P164 doesn't reset/restart like it does when you send the command through the Magic RDS 4 console.

Is it even possible to load the RESET command in the P164 internal memory so that it executes said command daily without having Magic RDS 4 running? Or is the RESET command only possible while the program is running?

Jan

Re: P164 restart scheduling
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 03:01:43 pm »
I don't see a reason for making a reset in regular intervals. However this is still possible using the internal task scheduler. The RESET command has some undocumented features. In this case, because the internal scheduler operates only with commands that assign a value, the correct entry is RESET=1