FM Analysis > PIRA75 FM Analyzer

Script with the latest version question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jan:
In the version 1.3b the MPX rate was increased. Good intention but as I see it must be adjusted  :-\
The MPX scope and FFT now consumes more CPU resources (it's a lot of floating point DSP operations and graphical operations) and your mini PC is probably overloaded. It has been tested on some low power VIA CPU 800 MHz without problems. I'm going to put my 200 MHz machine into operation to fix this mistake... I'll probably contact you via email with fixed exe. Thank you.

Jan:
The problem with sleep command when mpx is running should be fixed in actual version 1.3b rev. 6. That's all for today, it's too late  ;)

Stan:
Hello Jan,

Don't worry no emergency ;)    I will try it on the small PC and also test on a newer PC running W7 and another P75.

Stan:
I did several tryals with 3 computers,  that exactly what you have described, doing RF or MPX measurement with the 1.3b V4  consume far more CPU ressources compared to 1.2.

On a Via Nehemia, the cpu is at 100% during the the RF measurement, otherwise for any other commands it stays at arround 18 to 28 %.    That's why when doing scripting it will ''wait'' for an undifined time on this measurement (from a few minutes to about 1 hour when intruducing any sleep command)

On more powerfull computer you will not have any problem, your diagnostic is right.
I have to think to find another small machine to handle the automatic measurement...

Jan:
Have you tried the actual rev. 6? It should work well although CPU usage is 100 %.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version