Radio Data System (RDS) > Control Software

Magic Rds + BW Broadcast

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jan:
We will definitely use direct TCP connection rather than HTTP protocol.

Lorenzo:

--- Quote from: Jan on October 23, 2019, 02:15:45 pm ---We will definitely use direct TCP connection rather than HTTP protocol.

--- End quote ---

For you information it working now ! BW Broadcast support help me.

Configuration working is with 3.6 Version or earlier (not with 3.7 or 3.8):
- Tcp/ip > direct ip of fm sender
- Uncheck bidirectionnal + Autodetect port speed

With this config, i can send all rds information but not receive.

Thank you

Jan:
It works partially, especially for the 'Now playing' text output, the version 4 will bring full support as it will implement more communication protocols, incl. UECP and MicroRDS. For some encoders (not for BW) the UECP implementation will be paid only.

w0kie:
Setup is SPL Pro on a WIN XP PC to Magic RDS to Trendnet TU-59 USB to Serial adapter to a serial cable to BWBroadcast TX300 V3 (latest update).  MagicRDS reads the playing now file perfectly and updates with song changes on the MagicRDS screen but MagicRDS can't do bi-directional pairing to the TW300v3 with the transmitter serial port enabled by using either the Magic wizard as a first step or by doing various other MagicRDS connection tests. 

Now that I think about it I suspect that the problem is that the Trendnet adapter doesn't have the FTDI chipset.

What do you think?

Jan:
Magic RDS 3 is not fully compatible with new BW product line. See my reply #7 above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version