Magic RDS 4 > Configuration Options and Possibilities

Magic RDS 4 + Audemat/Ecreso

(1/2) > >>

Flimtx:
Hello,

I'm looking for the best settings to send metadata to an Ecreso (Audemat) RDS encoder.

Thanks in advance,
JL

Jan:
Audemat decided to implement a special ASCII protocol for that RDS encoder which is incompatible with rest of the world. Unfortunately there's no explicit mention about UECP support but somebody told it should support basic UECP command set.

Flimt:
Thanks, I've tried with e few UECP command sets, but the issue remains.
An Audemat engineer has taken control of the RDS device during one hour, he said there's no problem. That drives me nuts.
Any idea ?

nealuk:
The Ecreso manual seems to suggest that you need the RDS Licence.

If logged in to the Ecreso web interface, the tool bar on top of the page enables access to all pages of the site: the user can view the status, access receiverconfiguration, RDSdata (if the Basic RDS license is present), system configuration and chat.

There are three regular commands to set RadioTEXT:

RDS.MAINDSN.RT=Now playing: Artist - Title.
RDS.RT1.TEXT=Now playing: Artist - Title.

To  ensure  compatibility  with  legacy  systems,  the  command RT_TEXT has  been  created. It  is  identical  to  the command RDS.RT1.TEXT

I have recently tried the older Audemet Aztec FMB80 RDS Encoder with MagicRDS4 using UECP - I couldn't get it to work - but since I'm new to UECP I couldn't trouble-shoot to work out where the issue is/was.

The Ecreso manual mentions UECP, and the command 'RDS.MAINDSN.ID' which 'Indicates which DSN sent by UECP is copied to the MAIN memory' - so you may need to check this is set, e.g. RDS.MAINDSN.ID=1 assuming you are using DSN1 as the live RDS system.

I can't find any other refernces to UECP in the manual.

Flimt:
Thanks.

Dynamic RDS is already activated, and the DSN1 is the one used... Help !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version