FM Analysis > General Discussion

1GHz Freq Counter

<< < (2/2)

Hartmut:
I have checked my counter: broken prescaler, not divides by 256
dp-led defective in the display.

Jan:
The U664B divides by 64 but you need a prescaler of 256 (like SAB6456 or U813BS).

Alternatively you may use U664B but there must be another divider by 4 present on the PIC input (this may be based on some 74xx logic circuit). This will result in total division by 256.

Hartmut:
Hello!

Thanks for the advice. I have bought a U813 BS SI and now the counter is working properly. I need to change the display still does not work because of the DP. Thanks again for the instructions. I wish all users a Merry Christmas.

Hartmut

BessieSims:

--- Quote from: diba on September 30, 2012, 10:35:54 pm ---Hi,
I built A project 1 GHz Counter but i have problem as an Err appear on the display and if I remove SAB6456 Ic the zero will display and if i touch R2 pin a different figure be showed, what the issue? please 

--- End quote ---
Check the connections: Make sure that all of the connections are correct and secure. Double-check that the SAB6456 IC is inserted correctly.

Check the power supply: Ensure that the power supply is supplying the correct voltage and current required for the project.

Check the components: Check that all of the components are the correct values and are not damaged.

Check the circuit design: Ensure that the circuit design is correct and matches the schematic.

Check for any short circuits: Check that there are no short circuits between any of the components.

Check the code: Ensure that the code is correct and free of errors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version