Radio Data System (RDS) > Control Software

Magic RDS4 Xml & Automation Now Playing

<< < (6/6)

mediaguy:
Thank you. I made the adjustment and its working now. I still don't see the changes in the demo encoder when Magic4 recievwa the metadata as you can see it does not change see Pictures I had checked - ENABLE EXTERNAL TEXT SOURCES AND PLAY OUT. and no change. These are things I tried
1. I tried Enabling External Sources
2. I tried Enabling  Send On change
3. Tried Enabling Synchronized with Dynamic PS1
 I am not sure what settings I am missing.

mediaguy:
I would like to let you you know that Magic 4 is finally working.I can see  the the data, I still Get The___By___ when there is no text  . I have a coupe of questions.
1. I would like to know if it can also show the picture Thumbnail.
2. How do you get it do display Program Text and Dynamic text when there is no data available.
3 Will your P164 RDS Encoder display Thumbnail Picture along with the text.

I am considering purchasing your P164 RDS Encoder since it works on IP Do you have any suggestions.
Thanks

Jan:
In the Text replacing box, you may change any unwanted text to either empty string or a station slogan, for instance.

Program-related thumbnails are known from DAB but no such feature is defined in FM RDS. Graphics has been completely removed from the RDS2 standard, keeping only general ODA frame for file transfer. Thus, the future of graphics transferred over RDS is unknown. Anyway, the speed is too low to create effects like in DAB. It's because RDS2 uses obsolete sub-carrier scheme, which has poor efficiency compared to modern digital modulations.

mediaguy:
Magic 4 has bee working fine. we got a loner RDS to test. Bu we can seem to get to get the RDS  to see The Metadata, On magic 4 it shows its connected TCP but it does not show any packets received. Any Suggestions. The Unite is UCEP compatible.

Thanks 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version