General Category    (This section is not monitored) > Free Topic

Frequency Counter

(1/5) > >>

Heinz:
Hello there ...

I have built the frequency counter as shown on this website from a Fox-Delta kit (Pre-Scaler MC12080) with the firmware from Jan Kolar. Instead of dividing the frequency by 10 I would like to divide by 20. Has anyone the corresponding Assembly-Code available to do this? As I am not a very experienced programmer your support would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

73 de Heinz, VK4BZT

admin:
The MC12080 has selectable dividing ratio 10, 20, 40 or 80. Download their datasheet.

Heinz:
This has already been done. What I am asking for is the modification of the PIC firmware. The pre-scaler is now dividing by 20 and no longer by 10. After all I need the correct value on the display!

admin:
This circuit is about 10 years old so I'm afraid you'll not find anybody who can modify the firmware. Moreover simple modification is not possible, it needs to be rewritten completely.

Heinz:
Thank you for your comment. I know the counter is a few years old. However, PIC and assembly code are still the same. Why would you want to rewrite the code completly? After all the counter works fine as it is. I thought the person who has written the code is still somewhere out there and would have the answer in a few minutes flat. Software is only as good as it is documented. If you can't see the logic behind the instructions it's rather difficult to modify the code.

73 de Heinz, VK4BZT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version