Author Topic: How to have a sync connection?  (Read 6677 times)

tobiascapin

How to have a sync connection?
« on: September 04, 2016, 04:55:06 pm »
Hello everyone, first of all I want to say that this software is a great solution for me!
I have to use piracom to manage a serial printer by a remote computer:

The problem is that I need a sync communication between server and printer, is it possibile to slow down/hold the tcp connection reflecting the serial handshake status? Can this software mirror serial handshake to tcp handshake?

I'm asking this because I use this connection for remote print to a thermal printer and the server asks for print status before every print, however if there is piracom buffer between server and printer the status command goes to timeout because it is in the queue. I a synchronized communication (like a serial handshaked one) the server process stops waiting for free printer memory.

Thank you!

Jan

Re: How to have a sync connection?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 11:19:55 am »
I unfortunately don't know a solution for this situation. This app is no longer developed, thus if you cannot solve it using the settings provided I recommend a hardware based Ethernet to RS-232 converter which is cheap today. The app has been originally written when such converters costed 10 times more.