Author Topic: Suggested Features  (Read 3406 times)

Fernando

Suggested Features
« on: September 27, 2014, 02:46:59 am »
Some days ago one of our broadcast computers froze but the sound card generated some random, short-duration audio clicks.  As these audio clicks were considered audio by SD,  the alarm activation timer never reached the 180 seconds of silence we have set on the SD, thus leading the SD to never actívate the alarm condition.

If these audio clicks would have not been present for at least 180 seconds, the alarm woud have been triggered, and further audio clicks would have been rejected by the Return from Alarm Condition, as they did never last more than 3 seconds.

Is possible to suggest a feature, similar to the Return from alarm condition that rejects a false positive if audio is present for less than X amount of seconds, that also rejects a false negative in triggering the alarm condition if the audio is shorther than X seconds?  This is something like "Enter into alarm condition... Even if sound is present for periods of less than X seconds"

Continuing with Murphy's Laws, after solving that problem, we noticed that the left channel was lower than the right channel by exactly 6 dB, that meaning that either L+ or the L- was disconnected somewhere in the path to the transmitter.

May I also suggest an additional feature that measures the difference between L and R and triggers an alarm in case it is more than X dB for more than X seconds?

Best regards.

RadioMan

Re: Suggested Features
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 08:28:30 pm »
Old post, I know.

I would suggest running a separate instance of SD and sending an email if a threshold fails. The "clicks" would need to be observed on SD to see their levels and adjust threshold accordingly.

Would be an interesting experiment.