Author Topic: Cannot kill application on alarm  (Read 4236 times)

golfer

Cannot kill application on alarm
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:26:55 pm »
Hi there,

I'm trying to kill an application when silence is detected, but I can't. I think I could do that when I installed the program for the first time, but now I'm confused.
To be more specific, I'm trying to kill Windows Media Player. I'm writing Windows Media Player on the first box (Window Title), but is seems that the running instance is not shuting down. I've also tried to press on the Find button, but I get some % commands for help.

I'm using Windows XP.

Thanks,
G.

Jan

Re: Cannot kill application on alarm
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:56:49 pm »
This function can be applied only to applications that are listed after clicking on the Find button.

Application to kill can be described either by window class or window title. The text string must be exact and unique, i.e. it must appear only once in the Find window.

Some applications cannot be terminated this way at all.

golfer

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 03:21:53 am »
I'm using the computer with the Silence Detector via VNC and Teamviewer. When I press the find button, no window appears. Maybe an error of the remote access software? Can you reproduce the error?
I don't have physical access to the monitor, to see at list if a new window listing the running programs/windows appear.

G.

golfer

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 03:41:12 am »
Update:
I've installed on another machine the software and I can clearly see the pop-up window, in order to select the program to be killed.
I've copied/added manually Windows Media Player / WMPlayerApp to the computer facing the problem. Hope that it will work that way.
G.