Author Topic: Silence Detector and Behringer UCA222  (Read 5923 times)

day811

Silence Detector and Behringer UCA222
« on: June 12, 2012, 12:27:41 pm »
HI,

Thanks a lot for your very useful program !

I support a free radio in south of France and manage hardware and software side.
We use Silence Detector on most of PC to prevent silence. Due to moutains, we need to have a relay between our radio and the main FM transmitter.  For this, we use a 2,5 ghz connection .

This 2,5 Ghz connection  is out of order, so  we use a player on a remote computer to listen an internet streaming and forward it through an antenna to our major transmitter.
We want to use and external USB soundcard (Behringer UCA222), but there's no way to detect audio level with Silence Detector.

After several tests, it seems that PiraCZ SD cannot detect audio level in input or output of this sound card.
Is there a way to correct this problem ?

Thank for your answers

(Sorry, i've post first this message in wrong place (setmixer))

Jan

Re: Silence Detector and Behringer UCA222
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 03:19:59 pm »
Are you able to record audio from this sound card using standard wave editors (like GoldWave etc., so not only the software supplied with the sound card)?
If you put working this, there's probably no reason why don't have a success with the Silence Detector.

The Silence Detector uses 44.1 kHz stereo 16-bit to establish the recording.

day811

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:13:55 pm »
@Jan

I can record it with AudioRec but you're problably right, no input mixer is provided with this card and this seems to be the problem.
Automatic USB and Behringer drivers don't provide source list for input interface (in windows settings)
The mixer selector clicking in SD give an error (no mixer available).
Audio Rec let you select  interface and source within the main window and it's enough to get a signal you can record.

I m going to look for a workaround for this  behringer card issue.

Thank for your quick answer.

Djjuni2

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 09:53:38 am »
Hello,
also same problem, we have diferent sound card with online and production channels. But program cannot locate audio signal.
Using Audioscience sound card

Jan

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 03:15:05 pm »
Help file section 5 -  F.A.Q.:

How can I monitor an output of my sound card?

Simply said: you cannot. You can monitor a recording input only. This is the reason why input is input and output is output. Never mind! Most of sound cards allow you to select the sound card output as the input, i.e. redirecting the sound card playback output back to the recording input. This can be done using two different ways:

In the sound card audio mixer settings (volume control):
Usually you can find the appropriate option if you double-click on the speaker icon in tray, then go to Options – Properties and select Recording. Then select the sound card input named as 'Mixer output', 'Stereo output', 'Wave output' or similar. Unfortunately exact steps may be different for each model of sound card. In some cases the driver does not provide this facility at all - this is especially a problem of Vista and later where the sound system is extremely deformed. For this reason you have to follow your sound card documentation. Some useful information about this issue can be found also using Google.

Using a physical cable:
If the way above fails, connect a splitting adapter to the sound card output and feed the signal to any sound card input that can be monitored (usually named as 'Line-in'). If the sound card is already used for recording, install another sound card to your PC (for example USB based).